Monday, August 29, 2005



In California, it's not really possible, except perhaps in December or January, to decide on a Monday that you'd like to go camping the following weekend and have anything successful result. The campgrounds (and there don't seem to be as many as one would think there'd be in a state with so much wilderness) fill up very quickly, months upon months in advance.

Today I'm aching for a far out of doors get away, for the calm that only that kind of thing can bring, and I wish I could make that happen this weekend. If only I had known in February that I'd be feeling blue this last week of August, maybe I could.

2 comments:

Courageous Kat said...

I just checked on the state parks web site and there are still some campsites open this weekend. You should check it out and see if there is anything near you. Maybe that's the problem, that there's none near you, but I thought I'd check.

http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=22687

Zoanna said...

Do you have a back yard?
I've always said I'd camp out in my back yard when I'm a grown up. I don't think that's happened yet.

Plus, camping makes me blue. And green, and red, and itchy.