Saturday, January 01, 2005

If I weren't so loyal in other areas of my life, this could be highly metaphorical.

I've been noticing lately that I have a bad habit of not appreciating or accepting when I've found a good product. Rather then just being happy that I've found the perfect night creme that makes my skin incredibly smooth, I continue to buy other, often more pricey cremes every once in a while, in case there happens to be some level beyond incredibly smooth. There's not. There are, however, incredibly greasy, incredibly watery, incredibly stinky lotions out there. Why I feel the need to spend my time and money on looking for some better version of something already splendid, I have no idea, especially since there many, many things for which I've found no miracle product. I haven't, for example, found the perfect blush, or a red lipstick that doesn't turn orange on my lips. Do I spend my money searching for these things? Not usually. Usually I buy yet another shiny, slightly colored lip gloss, even though I already have a perfect shiny, slightly colored lip gloss.

Perhaps there's some deep psychological reason behind this, but probably not. It's most likely just my own stupity and uncanny ability to squandor money. So here's to Nivea Renewal Night Creme, Jergin's Skin Smoothing Lotion, Olay Complete Daily Moisturizer, Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash, Clean & Clear Daily Pore Cleanser, Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in Blackest Black and Keihl's Lip Balm in hue no. 30G. I love you even if I don't always show it. God bless ya.

No comments: